DCSIMG

Faulty vending maching causes Somercotes factory fire

editorial image

editorial image

 

FIREFIGHTERS spent over an hour tackling a blaze on an industrial estate in Somercotes.

Crews from Alfreton were sent to Diversey, in Cotes Park Lane, at about 1am this morning (Friday).

The fire was in a ground floor canteen of the industrial unit.

Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel jet to douse the flames from inside the building.

Another hose reel jet was used from outside.

At one point there were four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus tackling the blaze from inside the building.

The fire, which was caused by an electrical fault on a vending machine, was put out just before 2am.

No one was injured during the incident.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page