DCSIMG

Crew manager praises quick-thinking householder

editorial image

editorial image

Fire crews praised a householder for having a working smoke alarm after a chip pan fire took hold in his house.

The occupier of the house on Ash Grove, Skegby, was able to put the flames out himself after the fire started at around 10pm on Tuesday night.

He suffered burns to his hands but was able to prevent the flames from spreading. He called the fire service for assistance the next morning.

Crew manager at Ashfield, John Howard, said: “He had a working smoke alarm and as a result he was able to deal with the fire and prevent it from spreading.”

The occupier was the only person in the property at the time.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page