Burglars steal safe containing cash from Pleasley church
BURGLARS stole a safe from a church in Pleasley Hill on Sunday night.
A rear door was forced open and a metal safe containing cash was stolen during the incident at St Barnabas Church, in Church Street.
Police want to know if anyone was seen acting suspiciously in the area between Sunday night and Monday Morning.
They would like to hear from anyone who may have seen someone carrying the green safe, which at 1.5ft by 2.5ft would have been very heavy.
Enquiries have been made in the vicinity and patrols have been stepped up in the area to deter further crime and provide reassurance to the local community.
If you have seen the safe since the burglary or have any information contact Nottinghamshire Police, quoting incident 58 of 11 February 2013, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- Your A-Z guide for things to do this Easter
- Matlock Town 1 Mansfield Town 2, 6th August 2007
- Two more changes for Mansfield Town at Barrow
- Mansfield man found guilty of GBH with intent after Stag and Pheasant glassing incident
- Stags continue title chase with home clash against managerless Macclesfield Town
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Mansfield
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 8 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: South west