Heritage photographer Neil Pledger presents the latest picture in his Footprints series, mixing images of the old Mansfield with modern pictures.
The Great Central rail station, by the site of the Police station, was opened in 1872 with services running between Nottingham and Ollerton. Daily services ceased in 1956, though excursions to Skegness, Cleethorpes and Mablethorpe continued through the summer months for several more years. The station was closed in 1968 and all buildings were removed by 1972.
More images by Neil can be found at www.artdk.co.uk