FIREFIGHTERS tackled a blaze at the former Sherwood Garden Centre in Mansfield on Monday evening.
Smoke from the fire on Sherwood Hall Road could be seen billowing across the Mansfield skyline from about 6pm for around an hour.
The main Sherwood Hall Road was closed to traffic in both directions before the blaze was brought under control.
As well as tackling fire in the two disused buildings at the old garden centre, firefighters also had to deal with two propane gas cyclinders.
Four engines attended, two from Mansfield, one from Edwinstowe and one from Warsop.