Man appears in court accused of Mansfield child attack

editorial image

A 51-YEAR-OLD Mansfield man, who is accused of the attempted murder of a four-year-old boy, has been remanded in custody until August.

Steven Frogg, of Frederick Street, had been due to appear before Nottingham Crown Court on 30th July, but the hearing was brought forward to Thursday.

He was not asked to enter his plea and the court was told further reports were awaited.

The boy was found with stab wounds on Frederick Street on 9th April.

Judge Michael Stokes said if the case was ready for trial a High Court judge could hear it on 12th September in Northampton.

Otherwise any trial would be on 22nd October before Judge Stokes in Nottingham.

Frogg was remanded in custody until 24th August when a decision would be made.