Conservation work by the River Maun
MAUN Conservation Group, assisted by volunteers from Alexander House, worked together to clear the pathway to the Scrape by the River Maun in Mansfield, preparing for the new school year when pupils will enjoy pond dipping.
The Maun Conservation Group works closely with Mansfield District Council to carry out various conservation tasks within Titchfield Park and the Oakham and Quarry Lane local nature reserves. The volunteers have developed strong links with three local primary schools: - King Edward Primary School, Sutton Road Primary School and High Oakham Primary School and also the local Sea Cadets.
If you are interested in looking after the environment around the River Maun, contact either secretary Sarah Spurry on 01623 647961 or treasurer Lorna Pye on 01623 636060.
- Stags star Matt Green on trial at Birmingham City, and Luke Jones may join League One club
- Mansfield Town coup as they sign Fleetwood ace Jamie McGuire
- Witnesses sought for Sutton Lawn assault
- Teenage motorcyclist injured in Mansfield town centre collision
- Confidential case file ‘given to wrong family’
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Mansfield
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 10 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: North east