Casualty treated after Bolsover bedroom fire

editorial image

One casualty was taken to hospital following a bedroom fire last night (Friday, January 9).

Crews from Bolsover and Staveley attended Smithson Avenue, Bolsover, at 11pm last night following reports of a fire.

Upon arrival they found the fire was in the bedroom of the property.

Four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used two hose reel jets and a covering jet to extinguish the blaze, which was out by 1.15am.

One casualty suffering from smoke inhalation, was taken to hospital via ambulance.