Alfreton fire victim is named
A MAN who died following a huge blaze at an industrial unit in Alfreton has been named as Daniel Brown of South Normanton.
The 27-year-old had been taken to hospital after the blaze broke out at LW Smart Repairs on Lydford Road shortly after noon on Saturday.
He died yesterday (Sunday) at the Queens Medical Centre yesterday.
Services from Alfreton, Ripley, Clay Cross, Belper, Heanor, Ilkeston and Matlock had attended the Meadow Lane site and battled the fire for hours.
Two other men had been also taken to hospital but were released a few days later.
A joint investigation has been launched between the fire, police and Health and Safety Executive.
- Stags star Matt Green on trial at Birmingham City, and Luke Jones may join League One club
- Mansfield Town coup as they sign Fleetwood ace Jamie McGuire
- Witnesses sought for Sutton Lawn assault
- Teenage motorcyclist injured in Mansfield town centre collision
- Confidential case file ‘given to wrong family’
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Mansfield
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 10 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: North east